As a community, both locally and nationally, we've all been affected in one way or another by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To the communities and customers we serve, we would like to reassure you
that your health and safety, as well as that of our immediate staff and
the staff of our franchise family, has always been our top priority.
Merry Maids is an Essential Service and therefore we are still open and
ready to serve you in many provinces. We have implemented many new
safety protocols and precautions that are compliant with the
preventative measures put in place by the Government to ensure we’re
serving you in the safest manner possible.
Please check with your provincial government to learn more about the
preventative measures put in place where you live.
We are ready to do our bit to help clients maintain an even cleaner home environment.
Continue reading to learn more about our new and enhanced safety
protocols and our NEW disinfection services.
Safety and Disinfection Training
All our team members have undertaken the following training:
- How to properly don and safely remove Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- “No Contact” services which allow for social distancing
- Enhanced Disinfection Services
- Recommended hand-hygiene
- Office interaction protocol
All of our team members will be wearing disposable gloves and face masks and are equipped with hand sanitizer.
In 2020, Merry Maids launched its Enhanced Disinfection Services. The hospital-grade disinfectants we use help to reduce the threat of harmful bacteria and viruses. Our team members have been properly trained on the correct ways to administer these different disinfectants while wearing proper PPE.
Our offices are sanitized and disinfected every morning and at day’s end. In-office gatherings have been suspended and social distancing measures are in place at all times. Team members receive daily health checks and anyone showing any symptoms will be asked to stay home. If you or any of our team members are feeling unwell, it will require a change to your scheduled clean.
We are working diligently to ensure our team members and clients stay healthy.
What Changes to Expect During Your Cleaning
We want to ensure that all of our clients are comfortable while we are in your homes. Therefore, we have developed a “No Contact” service. If you have special instructions or requests for your cleaning, you can provide those details to us over the phone or leave a note inside your door.
We will take the following steps upon arrival at your home:
- Upon arriving at your residence, we’ll call or text you to let you know we’ve arrived, so you can unlock your door. (optional)
- We will don our PPE outside of your home and gather our thoroughly disinfected cleaning equipment and supplies that have been prepared and packaged for each individual home.
- Before entering your home, we’ll ask your family to seclude themselves in one area of the home, so we can clean the rest of it, allowing for proper social distancing.
- Based on your specific needs, we’ll thoroughly clean and disinfect high-touch hard surfaces.
- We’ll announce when we’re finished cleaning and then leave
- Once we’re back outside, we’ll remove our PPE, following established guidelines for removal and disposal.
If you have any additional requests to help keep your home and family clean and healthy, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate them.